Wednesday, August 13, 2014

What I've Been Up To

It seems inevitable that real life will always find a way to interfere with the fun stuff I would prefer to do.Don't get me wrong, I love being a REALTOR(R) - and the income helps support my mini addiction - but I do wish I could find the time more often to indulge in my hobby. 
 
Things have been fairly quiet mini-wise these past few months. Too quiet. Aside from monthly mini club meetings, I wouldn't get much done. This past weekend, I was FINALLY  able to play with some clay this past weekend.
So there I sat, my big bin of clay at my fingertips, and totally blank on what to create....
I did finally decide and was able to make these yummy quesadillas:
 
 
 
There's cheese, spinach (my favorite) and veggie versions.
 
Small Wonders Miniatures Club in Cary has decided on a garden shed for our group project this year and we've been working on a different item each month.
Last month, I taught everyone how to make a spider plant from paper.
It was easy & lots of fun to do.
 
This month, Crystal Johnson provided all of us with a fantastic kit for a potting bench. I have gotten mine assembled but will be aging and distressing it for more realism soon.
 

The kit went together very quickly.
 
Hope you are all doing well and enjoying the summer. I did get a chance to take a week off and visit family in PA.  Then, evidently, we brought all the rainy weather from PA back to NC. What a soggy summer we're having! But the mushrooms are big and beautiful.
 
Toodles,
 
Cyndy
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment